SailNet Community - View Single Post - So. CA and Live aboards
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007

kjsailingSpring is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the thoughts

Poopdeck...I had always liked Harbor Island but I would like something farther north of SD so my commute isn't too long. Oceanside would be perfect and I'm hoping to get in there. Thanks for the info on DP. I don't quite believe them when they say 38+ slips will be opening up quite rapidly over the next 5 years. Yes, I see the plans in the papers and they have promoted their changes very well but...my current marina reconfigured one dock of 20 slips and it took them over two years. I don't hold out much faith that the project will move quickly.

Thanks Ianhlnd for the note. I know...not much cheaper than land but I'm not doing to save money, althought that would have been a nice perk. It is disgusting how the marina's have us in their back pocket and there is nothing we can do about it.

What gets me, beyond my own personal disgust with marinas, is that no matter how hard sailor's try to get new people interested in sailing, when it comes right down to it, any newbie is going to be put off by having no where to put a boat or not being able to afford the hobbie. The marinas are helping keep the sport out of the reach of many, to say the least.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook