SailNet Community - View Single Post - Moving boat to Campbell River
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013
Break, curse, fix, repeat

bwindrope is on a distinguished road
Re: Moving boat to Campbell River

No worries Faster, it is the inherent hazard of text based "conversations" that all the vital non-verbal cues are left out. I've given more unintended offense via forums or email than I care to remember! It is a truism of us sailors that we are an independent and opinionated lot. It usually impresses me how much decorum and civility is shown on this forum given what we know are strongly held and differing views.

As for avoiding the cities while cruising because we live in one, there is certainly truth there! There is yin/yang for all of us, heavily influenced by our predilections. I happen to love visiting cities, so long as I am able to escape from them when I wish.

I happen to love visiting Victoria, and find the rates in front of the Empress to be a fantastic deal. Dirt cheap, really. It's hard to beat sailing into the inner harbor, tying up in front of the Empress, and hanging out around Victoria for a few days, then to have a great Straits crossing to wipe away all the dirt and corruption.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook