SailNet Community - View Single Post - Gaining experience from being crew...
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: Gaining experience from being crew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
I've not crewed on a delivery but it's far from fun according to friend of mine that does local. Delaware river, Chesapeake, Delaware Bay, Up to NY and CT even. Most of the boats are sad to sinking and only occasionally does he move a new boat. Time contraints. "gotta go now, no matter what" He said to me. "Denise, I'm gonna die out there moving these #$%^&*@! boats"
Hahaha.... I am glad I don't have friends like this, but then I choose my friends wisely.

OTOH, if I have committed to sail the "said" boat, I will make sure the boat will NOT sink or I have confidence that because I will be on that boat, she will not sink.

However, there were times that I had walked out the boat. And I make sure the owner fly me back home. It is all about written agreement and terms. Some owners do exaggerate their skills and safety equipment. That is why I always put everything on paper.

I certainly will not accept any BS from others especially from my friends. I am an independent thinker, I evaluate their statement, their sailing style, their formal education, their degree of success in the society, and their ethics. I make my own decision.

YMMV.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook