SailNet Community - View Single Post - Gaining experience from being crew...
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Gaining experience from being crew...

RD I don't know what you mean "a friend like that". He's trying to make some supplemental income moving boats. Some boats owners flat out lie or are clueless about condition. When He moves a new boat and it goes well, some owners think it's pleasure cruise and want to go on the trip.

What my friend is saying; he's had it, it's not worth the money vs the risk. Last one was for a boat that hadn't moved in years.. Came out of Barnegat inlet, the engine died, wave crashed over the cockpit took out his Ipod, He was on Delaware bay in a blow.. fuel was sludged, sails fell apart,

Yes put it all on paper.. what you going to do, get a survey before you move a boat? "great boat, all systems go" What good is a written agreement when the boat fails in someway?

He has had many moves go well but the ones that go bad; Have him re-evaluating boat deliveries.

Sorry about the derail NeoSec

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook