SailNet Community - View Single Post - Newbie question
Thread: Newbie question
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2002

BigRed56 is on a distinguished road
Newbie question

Ahoy Jeff if your answer to the gentlemans question was off base for his area why go on with the same old drivel. My point was he could learn a lot over the next 15 years in the small venues that are available to him. In addition his area has a lack of vessels to chose from so anything might just have to do for now. For the last time fixed keel boats should not be considered as easy or desirable to trailer. Period. Rigging any vessel of this size is impractical at ramps and dammed hard if the rig is of good size. Period. The man needs some down time don''t keep him dreaming his life away. The best dreamed are those realised for what they are, GO SAILING ! GO SAILING ON ANYTHING !, LEARN EVERYTHING ABOUT SAILING BY DOING IT!. To say what you''ve said about nice boats (money) justs proves my point and although your right not everyone turns out that way but you have. To insult every sailboat owner not up to your standards is the very definition of arrogance. Junkers as you call them number in the hundreds of thousands probably millions by your own standards. But thats just my opinion. Big Red 56 Pirate of Pine Island.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook