SailNet Community - View Single Post - Practical Sailor has deaf ears
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013

casey1999 is on a distinguished road
re: Practical Sailor has deaf ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
I subscribed for a year several years ago when they had a deal for around $10. I have thought that I might subscribe again, and I think there including "full access" to the past issues is what I want. I understand they used to do quite good boat reviews and that might be helpful in my search. Your experience is making me think twice.

I also am not sure how many issues they put out in a year. They have a deal now for a years subscription and it lists 7 issues, but if you opt for the digital format it is 12 issues?!? not sure what is up with that. And there web page looks to have been designed 20 years ago. Not that I think it needs to be pretty, but there are a bunch of drop down menus where it is not helpful.
When I first subscribed, I did the same thing- got the 7 issue special, but they don't really tell you when the 7 issues ends, they immediately start sending renewal notices, seems like I would get one every two weeks, even after I renewed. And the renewal notices do not tell you your subscription expiration date- would be so easy to do.

When I did have my subscription, I read every mag they had on-line in the archives section, and I think they had every mag they ever published, so that was interesting.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook