SailNet Community - View Single Post - Transport of boat over land
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Transport of boat over land

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2gmtrans View Post
BZZZZT...very wrong answer. USHIP is a lowest bidder brokerage site. This means that USHIP does not transport your vessel, the quotes will be very low and you will not get a reputable company to move your vessel. I cannot stress to you enough that unless you want your boat beat to pieces you need to make sure that the name on the door of the truck is the same as the name of the carrier you contract with for the move.

USHIP and the one that is on that stupid TV show where the idiots are always having so much trouble moving stuff, are the same type of deal, as is freightquote.com and several others. Brokerage is a great tool when moving pipe or frozen chickens, and there are some spectacular brokers out there. I know, I was one of them for many years, but for a single move yacht haul you need to go direct to the carrier, the ICC MC number on the door needs to match the insurance certificate you require on the move from the carrier.

Now you can listen to a guy who had one boat quoted, or the guy who literally has been the responsible party for millions of tons of freight...you pick.
Uship actually advertises that it's shippers are on shipping wars. I found that humorous. But apparently they have some good shippers on there. So I wouldn't count them out. Especially sine the shipping on this boat is approaching the value of the boat.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook