View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013
sailing soon

mark2gmtrans is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: Transport of boat over land

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
Uship actually advertises that it's shippers are on shipping wars. I found that humorous. But apparently they have some good shippers on there. So I wouldn't count them out. Especially sine the shipping on this boat is approaching the value of the boat.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Having been in the shipping business, on ships, and the transportation by truck, rail, and air for over 25 years I feel I may know a wee bit about USHIP, which is the very absolute bottom of the barrel. I have had customers who tried them, and they inevitably came back to us. The number one complaint was that the idiots, not unlike the morons on shipping wars, who showed up either had the wrong type of equipment altogether, or had no idea how to handle the cargo.

Now I will admit that I am prejudiced against USHIP because their setup is designed to provide service without regard to actual cost to the carrier, but I also know a lot more about transporting heavy haul and specialized cargo than most people, and it requires very special personnel, equipment, and handling to do it right. While his boat may not be worth as much as someone else's I bet he does not want it to look like this on arrival.