SailNet Community - View Single Post - distance between frames ....
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013
Banned

Brent Swain is on a distinguished road
Re: distance between frames ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrodog View Post
This is what happens when you ask for knowledge .... wise ass disrespect...
How many ships and boat are built with frames ... how many have no frames .... what percentage of frameless boats have failed ... now how about the framed boats????
I am still look for an answer ..... if no one has this knowledge I'll hit the naval arc books ....
Roughly 200 of my boats have been built without frames. None has ever failed at sea. They have survived everything from 16 days pounding in 8 to 12 ft seas on the west coast of Baja and being pulled off thru such surf ,lifted and dropped 12 feet onto hard sand every wave for 1/4 mile with no damage, pounding across 300 yards of Fijian coral reef in big surf and pulled off thru it in big surf, again with no visible dammage except the paint job gone, a single season passage thru the NW passage, again with zero damage.
60 feet is definitely the upper limit for frameless, successful frameless 57 footers have been built here, but longitudinals are far more effective than transverse frames in a hard chine hull. Do a seach under origamiboats and pick the first one( yahoo groups ) for more info.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook