SailNet Community - View Single Post - Feedback and questions please...
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013
sailing soon

mark2gmtrans is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: Feedback and questions please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
It eventually loads for me (takes several minutes to load) but you have to have adblockers turned off. Your not missing much there was not even one sailboat featured, or even sailboat companies. It is a link to Boating Magazine inside a "sailnet" frame. Actually there is a sailboat in the background of the last photo.

You know I love this forum, but I just don't understand the management of the parent site's store. This is the largest community of sailors there is. I don't think they really put much emphasis on web business, half the time there is a "featured product" it is out of stock and no longer available or not found. I would love to have sailnet as a good source to buy boating things, but I don't even see people here talking about buying from them. When you go to the "home page" it lists latest articles and the top one (and logically that should be the most recent) is from 03-02-2010, if your not updating them then take it off the page. Here is an example this is listed as a daily special - KWIK TEK AIRHEAD G-FORCE W/ TOP SIDE STABILIZER it is a tow-able toy. How many sailboats can go fast enough to get a tow-able toy to plane? of the 10 items listed there are 4 tow-able tubes, and a trolling motor and some sort of "nextbook" that is item not found when you click on it. In fact of the 10 items only 5 are found when you click on them. This worries me as this is the site that sponsors the forum. If they don't stay in business then the site disappears. So we all have a stake in the parent company staying in business. Just seems to be such a lost opportunity.

I work in technology and find this totally unacceptable. By the way I am open to offers by the way, though I am not a web designer, and have not done a website since doing one in HTML in notepad, but could not do any worse. I would not shop here just because I would be afraid of how my credit card info was treated. I do work in POS and understand PCI compliance and how few companies actually meet it.
Well I guess I will never see it because I do not turn off the anti-malware, ad blocker, pop up blocker, virus protection and firewall stuff on my computer. Once some of that garbage gets on a laptop it is hard to scrub it off.