SailNet Community - View Single Post - Good Blue Water / Shallow Water Compromise
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: Good Blue Water / Shallow Water Compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisscross View Post
A lot of people don't like having a lot of gear in the cockpit, like a main traveler, or a mizzen, or even a tiller(!) because it gets in their way during cocktail time, but having all that gear there really makes perfect sea sense.
Yeah, that was why we took the mizzen out, and that was like, 25 years ago. I then moved to an outboard rudder, so now my tiller ends where it used to begin, opening up the cockpit. Instead of a traveler I have a bridle set up. I hate a clutterd cockpit. I do miss the way she used to short tack with the mizzen. I had posted some pics on another thread titled " Key west to Guanaja, we made it" or something like that. I don't know how to drag those thumbnails to this thread, But there is a good pic. of My father in law at the tiller, standing where the mizzen was. There is also a pic of my Soverel on my page, again I don't know how to move immages a round this sailnet thing, it's frustrating for those of us who don't even know what URL is never mind what do with it. I have a ton of good pics of the boat and it's restoration process on my face book, but getting them here to sailnet has been a losing battle for me.