Thread: Sailnet Changes
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Sailnet Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySiegel View Post
I just think it's remarkable that members here would like industry involvement but don't realize the slaps and hits-for-money that result when it actually happens.
Actually I realy dont want industry involvement here at all in the postings. If I have a technical industry question I will contact the specific purveyor. To me its better if their contained in a specific area.

What I dont need is competing anchor companies, software companies, cluttering up the site. A few times some of them or their proxies have snuck on giving advice, siggestions, endorsements and the average or new poster doesnt realizie they are responding from a purely commercial company point of view.

Even with your posts I have to take them with a discriminating eye sometimes because you own Active Captain and I have found some of your opinions may be based on that. (BTW- I Like AC and use it frequently).

Having commercial posters is a trickly issue. I certainly am not a proponent either of the currect policy of allowing only the commercial interests who support Sailnet financially to be the only ones who can post one here. At least segregating them to a specific area would be somewhat better.

As a specific example Mantus is a financial supporter of SN. This is not about whether they have a superior or good product or not. There are many other anchors out there like Rocna/ Manson etc. Mantus very cleverly either start a thread or respond to a current anchor thread keeping their name in the forefront in the regular threads. Very smart marketing technique. I dont begrudge them for doing it, its just that they are the only ones allowed to "advertise" because they pay the freight.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner