SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchor Setting Woes
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Anchor Setting Woes

Since some have mentioned anchor alarms, I've found Boat Monitor to be the best so far. I used to use Anchor Watch.

Boat Monitor allows you to establish the location of the anchor, not just the location of the smart phone, then establish whatever size alarm zone you like. You can also make a part of the swing off limits.

What I really like is its graphic that has a persistence line showing you moving around. Its one thing for an alarm to go off, but its nice to see if you're dragging toward it, especially if you are down below and not able to see relative movement.

Best yet, you can sign onto a companion website when ashore and see the exact image that your device aboard shows. Very, very cool. It will also send you a text message if the alarm goes off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnewaska For This Useful Post:
Minnesail (06-27-2013)