Originally Posted by Brent Swain
Lack of logic has made many boats excessively expensive ,complicated and impractical for cruisers.
1. GRP boats are cheaper (as you admitted in this thread previously)
2. Even with a steel boat a grounding may kill you, so learn to navigate (although you refuse to believe the evidence)
3. An overly heavy hull that doesn't point well may not be able to beat of a lee shore and/or into a safe haven (no matter the material)
4. Steel is a great material for boatbuilding, and so is wood and GRP
5. The Pardeys have survived in wooden boats for soooo many years.
6. The test to destructions made by NASA are scientific and empirical, not just bad navigators running aground.
7. Fram was made of wood.
Seems to me that the quote should be.
"Brent Swains Lack of logic has made many boats excessively expensive, complicated and impractical for cruisers."
(Sorry about the last one, just couldn't help it)