SailNet Community - View Single Post - The New Garmin 7" Plotters Are Shipping...
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013
Sailor

Gladrags1 is on a distinguished road
Re: The New Garmin 7" Plotters Are Shipping...

I saw one of these units at WM the other day and it is very slick looking and behaving! The pinch to zoom feature is amazing to all of us who have smart phones! It's funny to see how that feature has become an "expected" one when using any touch screen device. The charting looks good and everything looks intuitive. I must say that my wife took a look at the price and hauled me away... I think somewhere around $1700?

I am wary of a unit that is all touchscreen. In rough conditions, you might require 2 hands (1 to operate, 1 to steady or brace) and you would smear suntan lotion on the face as you use it. I have a Raymarine e7 and its taking me a long time to get used to how it functions; I think my old Garmin was much more intuitive. But I am getting there. I still can't find a ETA feature on the e7. It is very fussy exporting routes from comp to e7 too. Didn't mean for this to turn into a review of the e7. Just think about features and look into the units processes thoroughly.

Tod
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook