View Single Post
post #8 of Old 06-28-2013
mark2gmtrans
sailing soon

Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: NW FL Liveaboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyerman View Post
The solar panels and wind generator will be the major rechargers, and shore power. The way I understand it is that a generator can be rigged to the shaft that will run when the engine is in neutral. But before I set that up I will be doing more research. I will only be using the engine to maneuver in and out of marinas or if I have to cross the doldrums. Most of the research I have done is on the engines. No tune ups, no oil changes, no service for 50,000 hours run time.

I will be doing mostly coastal cruising for the next six years. Then, when I retire, I intend to sail around the world. I want to go to all the places I missed during my years in the Navy and back to all the good ones. When in the Navy I made a West Pacific cruise, 4 North Atlantics, 5 Mediterranean, 4 Caribbean and circumnavigated South America.

Cheers,
David
Sounds like a pretty good deal, I will have to read up on it, and see what it is all about.

I know you will love being able to see all of the places that you only had time to wave at as you went by once you retire.

It is good to learn from your mistakes, but much better to learn from the mistakes of others...
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome