SailNet Community - View Single Post - Question for Chesapeake Sailors
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013
Advocate777

Advocate777 is on a distinguished road
Re: Question for Chesapeake Sailors

[QUOTE=DRFerron;1051270]If you're taking out Captain's Choice, it's in the slip right next to Halcyon! That's the only IP27 I know of in Rock Hall

Yes that's right- I am chartering captains choice for 3 days. I will be with my 15 year old son who as never sailed. The first day we will be going out with a friend of mine who is a sailing instructor to get to know the boat and show my son some basics. I will be taking the instructor back that afternoon-
So, I will have 2 nites and 2 days on my own with the boat and gotta get it back by 4:00 Thursday.
Those 2 days and 2 nites will be my first time as skipper of a sailboat. I have taken asa101, 103, and 104.
I am looking for an itinerary appropriate for a newbie sailor for the 2 days and 2 nites ill be on my own.
Was thinking crossing the bay with my instructor friend and son the first day and then on our own sailing south along the shore for a few hours and then find a nice anchorage. The last day would be more of a slow return day.
Based on those facts; any ideas on a good course south and back?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook