SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
post #849 of Old 06-28-2013
Brent Swain
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

I never suggested you shoot any boat. I suggest you go out to a remote place and try a shot at a 23 inch diameter fir log, then try it on a piece of 3/8th inch mild steel plate, and compare the two for impact resistance, similar to the impact of a sharp rock, then determine who is the liar when stating that wood is stronger. ( reality vs numbers jugling)
Yes. I believe that my boats are far superior to stock plastic and wood boats for full time cruising.
No, I dont believe one should give preference to a designer who doesn't believe strongly in what he is designing.
Yes, I would like to read of your vast ocean cruising expereince, which you had before you began designing for others ( or since for that matter). I notice you make no comment on that. Wonder why?
Caught a good Southeasterly in here, waiting for a good northwesterly to get me to the good swimmin on Cortes. No, I dont spend my time in an urban office. I spend it out cruising, in the real world. Keeps a guy in reality, away from the fantasy land of number jugling.
Heat wave forecast. Wunnerful!

Brent Swain, Boat designer, Builder, and author of "Origami Metal Boatbuilding"
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome