SailNet Community - View Single Post - Roller furling on a P30
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 06-28-2013
Tartan 27' owner
CalebD's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,104
Thanks: 8
Thanked 141 Times in 133 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Re: Roller furling on a P30

What is confusing me is that every line you mention you are calling a "sheet".

There is a line called the halyard which pulls the sail up to the top of the mast in the furler extrusion.
There is a furler control line which controls the spool of the furler and hence the furling or unfurling of the sail.
Then there are the sheets which you use when sailing; one to port side, the other to stbd. The other two lines are not "sheets".

The furler control line is usually routed back to the cockpit via blocks attached near the toe rail or on stanchion bases.

I have no good photos to help you and could not find diagrams at popular RF seller's websites (Harken, Furlex etc.).

"The cure for anything is salt water~ sweat, tears, or the sea." ~Isak Denesen

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CalebD is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome