SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

BS Translator by Google...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
When I asked Winston when he launched he said " 5 years ago. When I asked him what she cost, he said "Around $35 k" So your gripe is with Winston not me. I wasnt about to call him a liar, so you can, to his face. I'd like to be there when you do.
Translates as:

Quote:
I can say whatever I want about whatever I want. See, the key is that I always keep everything "second-hand hearsay" so I can deny anything I've ever said. AND I can start fights between people. I already told that guy you called him a liar. He's looking for you.

I honestly have no idea if my boats are crappy or expensive. I just keep saying I've talked to someone who told me otherwise. I do know that they're strong. And that's all that matters. STRONG so you can hit rocks while you're down below doing your 2 hours of yearly maintenance while motoring full-speed toward a lee shore or reef.

And anyway, everyone knows those yachtie brokers are damn liars! Running ads that make me look bad.

Look, if you're a 99% wannabe cruiser, all you really need is at least $35k in cash, and a few years to do nothing but weld. Oh yeah, you also need a welding/cutting kit, tons of tools, and a big place to build a 36' boat. You have that, right 99%er? If not, just do someone a favor so they give you all this stuff for free.

Oh, but first, you have to pay me for my books, videos and plans of course - because I'm never going to give away any of my "secrets" on a public forum. You have to pay! I mean, who the hell do you think you are wanting something for free? Phhhh.

Quote:
I was just given another SSB- Ham radio for free, my second freebe ham radio . Winston has many similar expereinces, as he is very quick to do favours for others, anyone can do that.
I sailed many years without radar, never had a fab all, my wood stove cost me $50 for stainless .I have never had a chartplotter, th efirst diesel for my current boat cost me$1,000. What Winston was quoting was the cost of geting sailing and livable , the toys all come later, without which one can do many years of cruising.
Translates as:

Quote:
See, I never give anything away for free. Everything I advocate ends up costing you, the 99%er, a lot of money. BUT, you can always mooch off others for THEIR stuff by doing a little favor here and there. Getting Yachtie Absurdities for free is what it's all about. Toys baby! All you have to do is sweet talk those people. They're idiots!

Quote:
I have never suggested that anyone can buy one of my boats cheap...
Translates as:

Quote:
Wait one second! Even though I always go on an on about how I've got the magical formula for allowing the 99%er to cruise on just a few hundred dollars a year - I've never suggested that a 99%er can cruise on just a few hundred dollars a year.

Boats are damn expensive you 99% idiot!

Quote:
One can build and equip their own brentboat for a fraction the cost of having one built. Do you work for free? No? Then dont expect others to.
Translates as:

Quote:
Hey 99%er - what the hell? You want something for free? Screw you. Do you think I'm one of those yachtie suckers who will just GIVE you something for some little favor?

Look, when it comes to the privilege of having your own BrentBoat to run into a rock, you're going to pay through the nose unless you already have years of experience in steelwork, boat-bulding, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, rigging, and every other skilled trade associated with yacht construction.

Of course, when you buy all my books, videos, magazines, and blow-up BrentDolls, you'll suddenly have all that - and be incredibly smart and resourceful.

Then you can start doing people favors and get THEM to give you tons of free stuff. Just don't expect anything free from me. I'm a 99%er. I don't just give stuff away to other 99%ers - that's the 1%er's job. You dolt.

Quote:
When you ask for a price breakdown on building my boats, you are asuming that my clients are incredibly stupid enough to buy everything new, at retail prices. They are definitely not that stupid. Most are far more practical and resourceful that that ,unlike those who foolishly assume that they are as dense as the average urban consumer, an extreme insult to their intelligence and resourcefulness.

There is no predicting what kind of deals a resourcful home builder will come up with, so such a list is only valid for the super dense, urban consumerism disciple. Those kind of halfwits are not amoung my clients.I would rather send them to Bob.
Translates as:

Quote:
You dare ask me for actual numbers? Fool! You obviously assume my clients are stupid enough to keep a running tally of their costs. AND you obviously assume they overpay for everything! You wonder how else could they have possibly gotten to an astronomical sum of $35K when they're scrounging all their material and equipment (except my book, my video, my magazines, and my industrial-steel nose hair clippers) out of dumpsters for free? Ha! Wait...you have a point...no, actually, my friend says you don't.

Just by asking for some 1%er concept like a "price breakdown" shows your level of disdain for my disciples....ahm...miserly minions...ahm...clients. Don't make me "talk to another friend"! I'll do it! And he'll tell me something that sinks your little inquisition like a Catalina 27! Better yet, I'll throw a $2 block at you...lots of them actually...they're heavy, strong, and stupid cheap.

I only serve brilliant people. Fullwits if you will. That to say, I only serve people that bend to my will...an Origami Client. If you think for yourself...you're not one of mine. Go to someone like Bob who will give you what YOU want. Imbecile.

Quote:
When I started my current 31 in 84 , I had $4,000 to my name ,total. When I launched her 30 day later ,I had $40. People at Newcastle marina at the time including Gerald, Evan and Winston can afirm the build to launching time. From there to sailing and living aboard, minus my cost of living, was $2,000 left for the boat.Mainsail Sig Jantzen sold me for $100 the awning I made my jib out of cost me $80 , interior panneling freebe, dito the 3/4 and 3/8th plywood.
Translates as:

Quote:
People just need to believe everything I tell them, buy my stuff, do what I say, and give me lots of their stuff for free. That's just the way the 99% ethos works. Why? Because I said so.
Thank you Google.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 06-29-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook