SailNet Community - View Single Post - The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013

Location: S/V Waltzing Matilda, Port Ludlow, WA (NW Puget Sound)
wolfenzee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to wolfenzee
Re: The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harborless View Post
Nah I at first thought that too- but what if he is a father of three kids and putting them through college? There goes 30-40K right there.
Or he could be taking care of his elderly mother and so having to pay RN's to come in two or three times a week to provide care.
Perhaps he or a family member has a medical condition or disease- You know how expensive medical care is in the US even with insurance.

We should not judge what we do not know.

If however none of these scenarios apply THEN perhaps he should lower his expenses and focus on better ways to stretch that 70K which to me seems like a million bucks from my 15-20 k on average income.
As things are now my income is barely enough for me to squeak by in the Pacific Northwest (weather dictates I keep my boat in a marina most of the year)....but I can support two living very comfortably in another country on my 10Knincome.

Last edited by wolfenzee; 06-29-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook