SailNet Community - View Single Post - The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013

Jgbrown is on a distinguished road
Re: The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??

Quote:
Originally Posted by elspru View Post
spent three days reading this thread..

We have an annual family income of less than 30k courtesy of God (the government) -- didn't know they gave out free money before casting for stable income for doing nothing. Admittedly it's a smart thing they did, social-security or SIN as it's called in Canada (social insurance). if they weren't robbing the rich for the benefit of the poor in an automated fashion, I'd have to go back to piracy, as been doing for millenia. Those skills aren't required in this lifetime at the moment, working on new skills, like long-life having a family and garden.
Sorry, do you mean you're living off of Welfare(Social Insurance), when you are both perfectly capable of working? If so, I'm afraid I really don't agree with the way that you are preparing for cruising...

The rest sounds pretty good though. I sold my first boat after a lot of learning and a lot of upgrades, now I'm working 7 days a week and living in a storage locker, which will soon lead to a much nicer and bigger boat I hope, the kind I could afford living comfortably every day.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook