SailNet Community - View Single Post - The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013
sailing soon

mark2gmtrans is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??

Quote:
Originally Posted by elspru View Post
spent three days reading this thread..

In all my lifetimes, there has never been such a ridiculous overabundance of wealth just pouring in every door, nook and cranny -- just yesterday I found a toonie($2) on the ground. Neither my wife or me, work for others/money, we have an apartment in an upscale neighbourhood, eat delicious organic food, have a baby, and still manage to save $250-$500 a month towards a sailboat and property.

We have an annual family income of less than 30k courtesy of God (the government) -- didn't know they gave out free money before casting for stable income for doing nothing. Admittedly it's a smart thing they did, social-security or SIN as it's called in Canada (social insurance). if they weren't robbing the rich for the benefit of the poor in an automated fashion, I'd have to go back to piracy, as been doing for millenia. Those skills aren't required in this lifetime at the moment, working on new skills, like long-life having a family and garden. Though if TSHTF hard enough maybe will have some fun :-) Yarr. Most likely it wont though, and technology going to keep going forward towards the technological singularity, then can have fun with reproducing robots :-) om. Hey that'll also be more young "people" even if robots, since this world is water, best way to get around to remote areas outside government-control is via the water -- would probably have to dodge all those luddites that don't like self-replicating robots.
A few things struck me about this post...

1. Elspru nor his wife have a job.

2. They live off of welfare and they feel they are entitled to it.

3. If TSHTF hard enough he plans on going to piracy for a living, meaning he is a thief at heart and possibly would not mind murdering people, as this is what pirates do.

4. He believes that he has been alive for centuries and has been reincarnated somehow.....

Conclusion on basis of empirical evidence...ELSPRU is nuts

I knew anyone who was some kind of vegan would show up to be a nut LOL. I mean if you do not like steak and milk and cheese you just have to have a few screws loose.

I am surely going to have to keep this in the back of my mind when seeing future posts.