SailNet Community - View Single Post - The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013
sailing soon

mark2gmtrans is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??

Quote:
Originally Posted by northoceanbeach View Post
I don't think he said he was a vegan.
Oh ye of little faith...

From the Living with Livestock aboard thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elspru View Post
As a pesco-vegan just wanted to say how sad I am for the cows having their young ones taken away, all so some humans could have milk long after they themselves have been weaned.

A much easier alternative is simply to use vegan milk, all you need is a blender, water, and some kind of nut, like almond, coconut or your choice. Coconut cream (coco milk concentrated), unlike powdered milk tastes great and is good for you.
Not only does he state he is some sort of pesky vegan, but he suggest you drink nut milk.

You should know by now that I do not pull stuff out of my arse...

Just for giggle here are the definitions for a pesky or pesco vegan from Urban Dictionary

Quote:
1. pesco-vegan

One who follows a diet that includes seafood like fish and shellfish but excludes all other animal products, including terrestrial meat, dairy products, fish, and animal by-products.
My pesco-vegan friend loved sashimi too much to give it up.

2. pesco-vegan

One who follows a strict Vegan Diet:

no beef, poultry, seafood, eggs, dairy, honey or gelatin while avoiding wearing/buying/owning fur, down, silk & leather.

with the ONLY exception being the consumption fish (i.e. farm raised salmon or tuna)
Vegetarians & Pescetarians may eggs and dairy.

Vegans & Pesco-Vegans do not eat eggs or dairy, honey or gelatin. They avoid wearing/buying/owning fur, down, silk & leather.

3. pesco-vegan

A creature that does not exist. It is impossible to be vegan and eat fish. It is like saying you are an Atheist-Christian.

V- I'm vegan.
PV- Oh really? I'm a pesco-vegan!
V- ?

Last edited by mark2gmtrans; 06-30-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook