SailNet Community - View Single Post - The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013
sailing soon

mark2gmtrans is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Len View Post
It's obvious that the world is full of weirdos, wackos and losers mingling with the normal folks.Sometimes it's hard to figure which category you belong to. But with all the whining and sniveling about how hard life is I thought I'd tell you about today, My 70 th birthday and I sailed the boat I built 40 years ago for 6 hours in the sun with 12 knots of wind. The guests on board , all educated ,interesting and moneyed, enjoyed the sailing and left me with over 12 hundred dollars for the cruising fund. I do this for 3 months a year and spend winters in Thailand . I realize this is a tough life but I've made my choices and I have to live with that .
I think that is great, and wish you a Happy Birthday! and wish you many more. I hope that I will also be able to enjoy sailing on my own 70th birthday, and if I can get people to kick in that much for a day on the boat I will have a birthday or three a week LOL.