SailNet Community - View Single Post - Solenoid switch does not shut off propane
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013

Jiminri is on a distinguished road
Re: Solenoid switch does not shut off propane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
This is what boatpoker said in a different thread. It doesn't shed any particular light on this odd problem, but I wonder if anyone had done any mods along the way to deal with this. Is the solenoid directly off the tank or buried somewhere and possibly by-passed?
Good thought, but that's not it. My boat originally had one line from the (enclosed, properly draining) propane locker under the helmsman's seat that then Tee-d off in the boat to serve the stove and the heater. I replaced ALL the propane lines and removed the Tee so that each appliance has a dedicated line that runs from the propane locker directly to the the appliance and the only connections are in the propane locker. Now ABYC compliant.

The solenoid is in the propane locker. If the solenoid is not stuck open (my original guess) then I suppose it continues to get electricity somehow even with the Trident display is switched off. I can try to disconnect the leads at the solenoid and see what happens. I thought I'd get to the boat today to try this but looking unlikely, maybe in a day or two.

I appreciate all the advice and suggestions.
Jim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nonsuch 30 Ultra #343 1986
West River, MD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook