SailNet Community - View Single Post - 6 Americans, 1 Brit vanish at sea
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013

MarkofSeaLife is on a distinguished road
Re: 6 Americans, 1 Brit vanish at sea

These points arn't meant in a negative manner, but just stating things without guilding the lilly. And eyes finds as soon as we talk about wooden boats (Bounty before this) that lots of lillys is guilded cos of old fellers thoughts of prettiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinook View Post
You can see the EPIRB secured in the background.
If they couldnt grab that quick enough the boat must have gone down mighty quick. (Or the EPIRB didnt work)

Quote:
Would someone inform the ignorant of us about what the purpose of that crank in the photograph is?
Yes sailed on a boat with those sort of old windows... looks very pretty but I wonder whats safer? the type we use nowadays or those?
(By the way its not ignorant to ask for knowledge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
Yup, every photo I've seen of her is a clear indication that she was magnificently maintained...
But not including spending much money on her. Thats looks a very old engine as a replacement.

By the way, it was me who first sugested the boat would have been hauled to replace the engine. It wernt 'facts', it were conjecture. To clear up the doubt is great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
Therefor its an assumption the boat would have been out of the water for some considerable time... a few months in a NZ summer.

Note word: "assumption"

Last edited by MarkofSeaLife; 06-30-2013 at 05:08 PM.