SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013

jak3b is on a distinguished road
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
jak:
You bet they did. As I did. I sailed four days a week in local racing. I race in every kind of boat from an OK dinghy, to a Star, to a Lightning, to a Raven, to an Internatiol 14, to a Thistle and the little dink that got me started, the Penguin, a Phil Rhodes design. I could list more but I hate typing. Trust me that I sailed a lot of different boats. I would get crew jobs on any big boat that would have me and I sailed in the summertime 4 days a week. Racing was really the way to get to know how a boat performed. If you have never done any serious racing you are most probably a hacker. Sorry but that's just the reality.

Shitski!
I can't even figure out what Brent is arguing about anymore. The closest I can come to is that we should not shoot trees.

$350 for a whole set of plans? I don't think Brent and I work in the same market. Do you stand by the freeway offramp with a sign Brent? "Plans for food".
No reason to apologize!.I hear ya.I started out on a little 7' cat boat, A rookie they were called,A spent my whole summers on the water racing,I sailed in 110,s,lasers,A friend bought an old Star boat.There wasnt an active class anymore in Cohasset.But it was sure fun to sail,Crewed in some 210,s and did a little frost biting,VERY LITTLE.I have never liked the cold,which is why I live on the left coast now.Wow, memories.There was another old old Star rotting in barn I wanted so bad.I was 12 or 13 at the time.I was going to put a little cabin on it and sail to Maine.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook