SailNet Community - View Single Post - Grand Haven, MI sailing wednesday nights?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013

gauldk is on a distinguished road
Re: Grand Haven, MI sailing wednesday nights?

Your comment about finding someone who can show up, work hard and listen is true so if you can do both then you are putting yourself at the front of the pack.
Each boat is a little different and each crew has variations in their methods. Just pay attention, familiarize yourself with the boat, locate all the lines/sheets/winches and ask questions.

I am not a boat owner either and was just a guy looking to join a crew. That's how I got hooked up with GRSC. A friend and I joined the club and have been active and contributing members since. That has probably helped earned the trust of the skippers and earned the invitations to crew for them. If you follow a similar path, I'm sure you will be welcomed aboard too.

Sales pitch: $100 a year membership gets you access to tons of skilled sailors to learn from, access to boats, Lake Michigan, a clubhouse with prime Grand Haven location and amazing people. Try and beat that!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook