SailNet Community - View Single Post - Let's talk about anchors some more
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013

Andrew65 is on a distinguished road
Re: Let's talk about anchors some more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
If just one cruiser out of the over 2,000 that have veiwed this thread decides to get some bigger ground tackle, and one incident is avoided, and or one guy get's to camp on the valcano with his wife and leave his boat on the hook with out worrying about the squall that rolled in last night, Then it was worth it.
Consider your time worth spend. I`ve been a MM and have cruised the Keys and worked while my boat (home) was on the hook, peace of mind is important.

Two comments.

There is an ancient chinese proverb that goes "The nail that sticks out the farthest get hits first" -apply that however and to whomever you see fit.

...and the other one that I`ve read from someone in this forum somewheres said that he`s never heard of an a guy (gal) dragging from using a too big of an anchor.

I`m comfortable with my 35# CQR with 75m of 3/8th 100m of 1/2" and 35#Bruce with 25m of 3/8th with 100m 1/2 on the bow and a 16#Danforth with 15mm of 3/8th with 100m 1/2" off the stern. My 29ft. 8 tonn gaff rigged cutter is engineless with a windless.

Last edited by Andrew65; 07-01-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook