SailNet Community - View Single Post - Binocular Conundrum: Field of View?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Binocular Conundrum: Field of View?

I kinda skipped the last few posts so, I don't know if this was mentioned or asked but look at it as though it was a zoom lens, same glass both ends but the difference in length between both ends determines the FOV; shorten the lens the wider the FOV, extend the lens the narrower the FOV, same optics but different effect so, the question is, are the dimension on both binoc barrels the same. I know it takes very little movement on one of my lenses to change the FOV

Another thought, all things being the same, maybe the objective lens has a more pronounced fisheye cut to it, giving it a wide FOV

Freedom comes when youíre ready to sail away. True freedom comes when you donít have to return

Cut off from the land that bore us, betrayed by the land we find, where the brightest have gone before us and the dullest remain behind, .......but stand to your glasses, steady,.......tis all we have left to prize, raise a cup to the dead already, hurrah for the next that dies

Last edited by poopdeckpappy; 07-01-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook