SailNet Community - View Single Post - SMCM Governor's Cup
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: SMCM Governor's Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoSailor View Post
Well the cards are stacking up against us making Gov Cup this year. Just found out the boat a couple of slips over got a direct lightning strike on Friday afternoon/evening. Apparently the strike damaged boats up and down the dock including Palmetto Moon.

We were the closest boat and we found today our air conditioner, autopilot and wind instruments are toast. I at first thought everything was going to be fine as all the lights checked fine, but as we continued testing our electrical equipment we started finding problems.

I guess I'll be talking to the insurance company on Monday.
Sorry to hear that. We got side struck last year moored in front of Jabins on Back Creek. It took a week for all the problems to really surface. We lost Yanmar panel, ploltter, wind and autopilot, some lights, Ram mic. and more.

Check all your pumps as well. Alternator, Do you have a plotter? radar? Which insurance do you have? Do you have a good marine electrician? Feel frfee to PM if you need a name or a surveyor to work with to be assigned for your claim.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook