The boat was in the yard for a week to complete the conversion but other issues kept the boat in the yard.
Prior to the trip to yard I installed the new engine controls. I believe it took a couple of days but I am not the fastest worker.
Pacific Seacraft provided the major components including an extension to be welded onto the rudder post. Thumper at Pacific Seacraft was a big help in putting together the components and also spent some time on the phone talking with the guys at the yard so they knew what was needed without my translations. Rudder was dropped and spent a couple of days at the welder, before being installed. Once the rudder was ready, the new bearing was glassed in.
While at the yard I ended up pulling the pedestal off the boat and installed the actual tiller.
After the boat was back in the slip, I glassed in the end the holes cut into the cockpit support for the oringinal pedestal install. Its functional but ugly and I need to decide what I am going to do with it. Offshore racing rules seem to require 4 cockpit drains and Thumper suggested converting the back half of the cockpit sole into a second access hatch.
Also still need to connect the WH autopilot to rudder post. Prior to doing this I wanted to get some experience with the feel of the tiller without the WH attached.
Crazy Fish - Maintaining, Upgrading and Sailing a Crealock 37