SailNet Community - View Single Post - raymarine service sucks
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013

Shinook is on a distinguished road
Re: raymarine service sucks

It seems folks have mixed experience with Raymarine products. I've talked to people that had tiller pilots from them that weathered many years and storms, but others that barely survived one rainstorm before going haywire.

I can't help but wonder if some of these issues are caused by improper installation or storage (not necessarily in the OPs case).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwindward View Post
In case it's useful to someone, I have a SPX-5 tiller pilot, p70 control head, e97 MFD with depth sounder, iTC-5 wind tranducer, and i70 display, all running on Seatalkng, all installed to Raymarine recommended specs. The basic problem is the autopilot can't get wind data, and the autopilot has weird problems when starting up and shutting down. I also can't get it to 'jog' which is a serious problem with a tiller pilot; the manual isn't completely clear on whether this should be supported or not, but if it isn't, I can't figure out how to safely turn the pilot on.
How far is the autopilot from the information/power sources and what gauge wire did you use between them?

What do you mean by 'jog'?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook