SailNet Community - View Single Post - Possible replacement of head....
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013

Dgreengl is on a distinguished road
Question Possible replacement of head....

I recently purchased a 1974 Pearson 26. She is in very good shape overall and I am pleased and excited. I have been looking into all of her systems and am a bit unsure about her head setup. She has a pump toilet with a Kracor Rentention System with a deck mounted waste drain and I believe a back flush hose connection and proper venting. I have read that this system "reuses" flushed water each time the toiled is flushed and that it can be a rather unpleasant setup. Am considering replacing it with a standalone MSD which might be more pleasant to live with. Am also thinking that the replacement could be hooked up to the existing waste drain. I have not used the head yet as she is on a slip with great showers and toilets close by. Before I make any changes, has anyone had any experience or knowledge of these Kracor systems and if so, I would love some feedback as the best direction to take. I would be OK with keeping it as is if there is concensus that this is a good solution as it stands. Thanks in advance for any feedback....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook