SailNet Community - View Single Post - Handicapped Access to Salon?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013

kcblues57 is on a distinguished road
Re: Handicapped Access to Salon?

Mark, your diagram is awesome!! Now can you please come put it together for me? We'll throw an extra six pack in the cooler for you!

I tried to turn the thread over to my husband but see he hasn't replied. I think we're going to start with the simpler options and move on to the more bulky ones if simple doesn't work. And it looks like I'm treating him to a birthday trip to check out bigger boats that may be more adaptable. Anyone want to buy 36 acres in Colorado? That may be converted to boat money.

We had a second-hand (and ultimately useless) stair lift which we tried to install in our home and I'm quite familiar with their size and weight. Maybe that would work on a 40 ft boat but in our 30 ft Catalina the galley extends in front of the steps and I don't have the long run a more accommodating arrangement would give me. We're focusing now on boats that have no obstruction at the bottom of the steps and would give us the ability to ramp the steps for a more gradual rise. Or at least give us room for a standard lift seat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook