SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bahama entry fees are rising, again?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Bahama entry fees are rising, again?

Ouch... and that's coming from one who still only pays the lower fee for a smaller boat...

Sounds like they're pretty confident Cuba won't be opening up to Americans anytime soon, that's probably our best hope at this point of keeping these increases remotely in line with 'what the market will bear'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichH View Post

Current $300 fee for ≥ 35ft. has definitely lowered the transient boater population for the past few seasons, a 25% increase should make anchoring in the 'usual' harbors etc. less a problem.
I'd like to see the real numbers on that, I'd suggest that the economy in general since '08 has more to do with any downturn in recent years... In my observation, cruisers seemed to have 'adapted' to the last increase pretty quickly...

I think they're reacting to the impression I have, that people continue to show up in bigger, and more expensive boats, with each passing year... I doubt they're too worried if the diminishing percentage of people like myself, who come in on modest boats, rarely stay in marinas or spend any real serious money, and who might take a pass on the Bahamas due to a $100 increase...

I don't even want to think about what the Tipping Point might ultimately be for me, but $250 for a few months down there still isn't gonna keep me away... If any place is worth that kind of fee, it's still the Bahamas, for me...

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook