SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
For a new custom design I would charge $120 USD an hour to prepare the design and I would estimate the total cost of design at between 8.5% and 10% of the total build cost. So, if we are talking about working with a good yard I'd estimate the design fee at $34,000 USD. This price can increase if the client wants fulll 3D renderings of the interior layout. We are doing that more and more these days.
Damnit! I guess that screws up my chances of getting one of your builds for a six pack of Miller Lite? All this being nice to you, all for nothin. Not even a Hometown Discount??? Fine, have it your way. I guess I am back to Brent.

Heya, Brent, need some plans, Bro. I own a screw driver, and borrowed a hack saw. I am ready. We will name this yacht the Bob Perry. BIG FREAKING LETTERS all over the stern, side, bow, what tha hell, even across the bottom of the hull as I suspect that is what most will see when I hit that reef. I got one all picked out too...

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook