SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013

copacabana is on a distinguished road
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
Damnit! I guess that screws up my chances of getting one of your builds for a six pack of Miller Lite? All this being nice to you, all for nothin. Not even a Hometown Discount??? Fine, have it your way. I guess I am back to Brent.

Heya, Brent, need some plans, Bro. I own a screw driver, and borrowed a hack saw. I am ready. We will name this yacht the Bob Perry. BIG FREAKING LETTERS all over the stern, side, bow, what tha hell, even across the bottom of the hull as I suspect that is what most will see when I hit that reef. I got one all picked out too...

Brian
Brian, in all fairness, Bob Perry and Brent Swain design for completely different markets. Brent's boats are for the home builder. Many of his boats come out looking very nice indeed, but they are not going to look like a production boat with all the fiddly details. They are simpler, purpose-built cruising boats, but quite elegant when done well. I bought Brent's book some years ago with the intention of building his 31 footer in aluminium. These are very interesting and solid boats with a lot of extremely practical solutions. For the home builder, I can't think of a better design.