SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by copacabana View Post
Brian, in all fairness, Bob Perry and Brent Swain design for completely different markets. Brent's boats are for the home builder. Many of his boats come out looking very nice indeed, but they are not going to look like a production boat with all the fiddly details. They are simpler, purpose-built cruising boats, but quite elegant when done well. I bought Brent's book some years ago with the intention of building his 31 footer in aluminium. These are very interesting and solid boats with a lot of extremely practical solutions. For the home builder, I can't think of a better design.
I have said many times on here, and will say it again: I like what Brent does, I just do not like how he does it. And many of the things he says are so far off of reality that I find myself mystified they are the same person.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook