SailNet Community - View Single Post - raymarine service sucks
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: raymarine service sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
This is just what they do. If a forum post potentially makes them look bad they apparently just delete the posts. (I have written proof of this from Raymarine if anyone feels the need to question this statement.)

There was an issue with the conversion from the ST6000 head to the P70 head on the Wheel Pilots and they began shipping a 3' cable for use between the control head and course computer instead of the 10m cable they used to ship..

I spoke with my inside contacts about it at length and was assured this was a mistake and it would get fixed ASAP. They sent me an appropriate length cable at no charge. Three months later I install another one, a direct order, and the same issue. I emailed management and zero response, I emailed again and zero response. My contacts said they "ran it up the chain"...

I finally documented all of this, very politely, and posted it on the forum and it was deleted within 24 hours. It did elicit a response however and that response was basically "we don't care" about this issue.

I've still yet to find a single sailboat where a wheel pilot control head could be mounted 3' from the course computer but Raymarine could care less and apparently SQUASHES any real solid issues brought to light on their forum..

They had gotten pretty darn good at customer service but in the last year things seem to have changed.
Well the sad part is they are now really the only game in town if you want a wheel pilot with any kind of external control. The only other option is CPT and it is limited in features. Since Simrad dropped out of the wheel pilot business, though I have heard there share of complaints about them too. Perhaps Garmin should jump into the game. Lots of folks don't want to drop the coin for a below deck pilot.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook