Re: Downside of living aboard
My 2 cents:
I have been living aboard a Columbia 28 for over 5 years, I say that because I can't remember how long is been without pulling out my boat title
. At the time 28ft was all I could afford. Every now and then I dream about going larger, until I start doing the math and decide that I don't need to take out that boat loan. These are the struggles that I have had:
1) Space for "stuff" - If your a pack-rat you will never make it.
2) Air conditioning / Heating
3) Refrigeration - I used an ice box for years, I was never happier than when I broke down and installed refrigeration
4) Ice - Who knew?
5) Hot water - Still working on that one
6) Shower - This is what will finally push me to a larger boat