SailNet Community - View Single Post - Video of a submerged object strike/boat sunk
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: Video of a submerged object strike/boat sunk

This is the note that my Japanese skipper sent to me when I asked for the translation

================
Famous news caster and blind sailor named Iwamoto who live in San Diego were going to cross the Pacific. After 3 times collision noise, leak from bottom, they abandoned ship, move to life raft. They were rescued by maritime force helicopter. They said sperm whale collided the boat.

Last year we entered "Newport-Ensenada Race", 1 boat sank near Coronado Is at calm night, 3 crew was died. The cause of the accident was unknown. This Transpac, double hand sailor from San Diego will enter the race,one is blind, he knows Iwamoto very well. They said sail boat does not have engine noise, so whale collide by accident ( or with malice ?). Sail boat should have false engine noise.

"Save whale" we have only few whale restaurant in Japan , I do not eat whale for more than 30 years. I change my mind,,, whale sashimi with ginger soy sauce ,, I can not forget the taste.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook