SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Solaris One 37 from Serigi Yachts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
Now that Paulo has got me hip to Italian yachts, I've been on the lookout for them. As I was glancing at the list of competitors in Class A at the recent ORCi 2013 Championships, I came across the Solaris 36 OD, which lead me to the Serigi Yachts web site.

There, I discovered the gorgeous One 37, designed by famous Argentinian NA Javier Soto Acebal (Soto 40, Soto 30). At first, I couldn't believe it was an 11.2M yacht, since it looks closer to a 12-12.2M. The boat looks fast and elegant at the same time, and the quality of fit/finish extraordinary. No doubt this is a very expensive boat and it shows, both on the exterior and interior.

Here are two excellent videos, showing the boat under sail and at the boat show.

Solaris One 37 - YouTube

Solaris 37 by eyachts new yachts for sale - YouTube
I have posted about it about one year ago when you were not around. The thread has a search motor (not the one from the site) try it and you will find plenty information and even a comparison with the Salona 38 that shares some of the characteristics even if not such a luxurious interior. Well, it is probably faster, I mean the Salona, and much less expensive and that counts too in my book. The Solaris 37 is a great boat, I would prefer it over for instance a HR 372.

About the boats competing on the ORCI world championship, there are at least one that I had not posted about. For you to find out. It is a very interesting one but much more of a race boat than the Solaris, even if it has also a cruising potential and a relatively good interior.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 07-03-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook