SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hunter 33 vs CS 30
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013

jephotog is on a distinguished road
Re: Hunter 33 vs CS 30

I only know the CS boats from what I have read on here over the years. Its reputation is of a well built boat. I imagine besides being 3 feet shorter the CS will be smaller just because it is not a Hunter. On most all Hunters I have been on I am always amazed at how much space they have made down below given the boats length. The lay out of the CS though is impressive in terms of a double berth aft on a 30 footer is not bad for a boat of its era and reputation.

I had rented a Hunter 33 two weeks ago. While it was nice to have all the space it came at the cost of speed. I am usually disappointed with rental boats as I only have the 42 foot boat I race on to compare to with 12 headsails and a crew of 8 to make it go fast. The Hunter's performance left me unimpressed, but the object that day was not speed I am always comparing boats potentials.

I don't think either of those boats are the one you want to take around the world. But they would both get you to the Bahamas and back. My guess is the CS is would be more fun while sailing, the Hunter more space while at anchor.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to jephotog For This Useful Post:
nanumea (07-03-2013)