SailNet Community - View Single Post - Want Mature Cook/Crew/Friend Lady
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Want Mature Cook/Crew/Friend Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisscross View Post
Anybody posting a 'personal' ad on a forum like SN must be either totally desperate, really naive, or have a skin thick like a rhino. But all such posts are of great entertainment value!
I dont know. I personally have never seen what the big deal was. We have had a couple of screw balls on here, but I suspect many who post really are alright. Just looking for a mate who also loves adventure and sailing. Nothing wrong with that.

To tell you the truth, if it were me, I would be in a lot of trouble. Met my wife in HS. Dates since end of senior year. Married. Now twenty years later, still together and happy.

I sat in a bar a while back next a girl who was I think was there to pick up a date. Good looking gal. The guys were coming over and hitting on her like crazy. Some with witty jokes. Some buying drinks. Some (more than some) a bit obnoxious. She talked to several of them, a cold shoulder to many more, but did not leave with any. I realized very quickly that if I were in their shoes, I would be single the rest of my life. I wouldn't even know how to start a conversation.

I guess that is why I have a bit of pity for people who come on here looking for a date... as long as they dont strike me as a complete wierdo - like Captain Speedo. That WAS funny, though.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook