SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hunter 33 vs CS 30
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Hunter 33 vs CS 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilson29 View Post
The most important characteristics of a competent skipper are his good judgment, common sense and problem solving ability. The second most important characteristics would be courage and perseverance in the face of adversity. If you read the forum threads here long enough, you will realize that these characteristics are in short supply.

?
James.

Interesting. Is that how you feel about most posters who post in the forum threads here?

I Just want to make sure I understand your statement correctly, or give you a chance to backstroke away from it: Are you stating that the most of the posters here lack good judgment, common sense, problem solving ability, courage, and perseverance in the face of adversity by stating
Quote:
"If you read the forum threads here long enough, you will realize that these characteristics are in short supply"- James Wilson
To the Original Poster of the thread.

I am going to assume that you ( the OP) is an intelligent adult who understands the need for experience and safety to undertake a coastal or blue water passage. His question was about the aspects of different boats specifically a Hunter 33 and a CS 30.

My Advice is to do some reading looking into cruising forums is well taken as any boat can be made to sail coastal in mainly day trips. That being said the structural overall quality and sailing characteristics of the two you mentioned are different. The CS although smaller is a more stout boat with a good reputation overall. Lots of attention to detail including the interior went into these boats in general. Hunters vary differently in build quality in model size as well as when they were built IMHO. Hard to find better boats in the production field than the older Cherubini Hunters.

Its good you are asking the questions and starting to research and do you homewark. Continue that with saialing experiences with others including some with those with more than you so your learning curve goes fast.

I addition feel free to pick the brains of the posters in the threads here on Sailnet. Many have good experience and most are willing to share.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook