SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boom Line Set Up?
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 07-03-2013
Senior Member
marcusc130's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Jamestown, RI
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 6
Boom Line Set Up?

Ok, I'll give it a shot.

The line running across the stern of the boat is called the traveller. The "boom line" is called the main sheet. You want the main sheet to go from the pulley on the traveller, up to the aft end of the boom, along the bottom of the boom, and then to a cam cleat probably located on the cockpit floor to secure it. Rig that pulley so it can slide along the traveller.
marcusc130 is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome