SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hunter 33 vs CS 30
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013
Senior Smart Aleck

jameswilson29 is on a distinguished road
Re: Hunter 33 vs CS 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Interesting. Is that how you feel about most posters who post in the forum threads here?
Not at all, I like almost all of my fellow sailors, even those with different viewpoints. The profle numbers are very revealing in this regard. I have given almost as many "Like"(s) as the number of posts I have made. That speaks for itself.

There is an abundance of useful information on Sailnet, from all different sources, some surprising. There are some real experts here, whose opinions I respect and follow. Some have even recommended other valuable sources of information - books, websites and videos - that have proven to be educational.

Unfortunately, one must dig through a mountain of B.S. to find these valuable nuggets. The dig is not entirely unpleasant, however, since the B.S. has some entertainment value. I have never put anyone on "Ignore", because I recognize that someone may still offer some entertainingly stupid material, even if it is not useful or practical. And learning why that poster is completely wrong and ignorant can be an educating process for all of us. The defense of Captain Walbridge and The Bounty incident was certainly in that category.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook