SailNet Community - View Single Post - Recommendations for Delivery/moving Skippers
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Recommendations for Delivery/moving Skippers

Congrats on the new boat.

I am familiar with Winter SC and the Delaware as well. I have a 35 ft C&C and am very familiar with the northern and central Chessie as it is my cruising ground primarilyalso

A 96 mi trip and also playing the Delaware current. Accomplished easily in 2 days You could do a night run as an alternative, but not sure of your comfort level), . I suggest one of two scenarios,

First 60 miles through the Canal anchoring either in the NW mouth of the Bohemia River or off Betterton on the Sassafrass River. Next day a short 6 hours to Rock Hall
or
Second 45 miles to a slip in Delaware City the the last 50 to Rock Hall.

The limiting factors are the currents and times on the Delaware corresponding to the days you will be traveling as well as your comfort to be out a few hours at night.

You shouldn't need a paid Captain ( that would be a one day affair). Like Rockdawg I would be willing to assist depending on the days you are intending on doing it in August. Damn maybe he and I will do it together ( that would be a hoot). I require no pay, but a nice meal would do ( more expensive than RD,). Let me know

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook